
John Wick: Chapter 5 has officially been confirmed at Lionsgate – find out more below.
Two years after the release of Chapter 4, we finally have confirmation that John Wick will return for a fifth entry in the beloved Keanu Reeves-led action franchise. Chapter 5 was officially announced at Lionsgate’s CinemaCon presentation in Las Vegas yesterday (April 1), per Deadline, with Lionsgate re-posting the article on X (formerly Twitter), further cementing its validity.
The confirmation comes after a Lionsgate executive last month said that a fifth film was in the works, though at the time she did not confirm Reeves’ involvement: “[John Wick] may be [dead]. We are all on bated breath waiting to find out.”

Besides the confirmation that Chapter 5 is in the works, Deadline reports that Reeves will also return to lead the film, as will director Chad Stahelski, and producers Basil Iwanyk and Erica Lee. A release date was not announced.
Earlier in March, Reeves himself dismissed the idea of John Wick returning for a direct sequel, saying: “You know, the character’s dead. I know, in Hollywood you can… I know, I know, it’s the Hollywood story. Right now, there isn’t [a planned sequel]”.
Recently, another John Wick spin-off was revealed to be in the works, with Donnie Yen starring and directing. The action star said: “I try to do my best to bring something fresh to the franchise itself. I don’t want to bring down the expectations for the fans. I try to do my best, like always.”

Reeves’ Wick is also due to feature in Ballerina, a prequel spin-off that follows Ana de Armas as Eve Macarro, a ballerina who is trained to be an assassin in hopes of avenging the death of her family. The prequel will take place in between Chapters 3 and 4.
In a four-star review of John Wick: Chapter 4, Jesse Hassenger wrote for NME: “Chapter 4 doesn’t exude the wheel-spinning cynicism of a forever franchise. Stahelski may traffic in excess, but at least he understands it: how choreography, performance and style can make over-the-top spectacle cohere into pleasurably overwhelming action fizz, rather than congealing into a sweaty special effects overload. He also gets that after 169 minutes, some degree of closure is appreciated. There may well be a John Wick: Chapter 5, but Chapter 4 still feels like a movie giving its all.”
The post ‘John Wick: Chapter 5’ officially confirmed with Keanu Reeves, Chad Stahelski returning appeared first on NME.