On December 29 on the Australian music pageant Beyond The Valley, 20-year-old Callum Edwards was rushed to the hospital after collapsing from what was assumed to be a suspected drug overdose from an unknown substance. Edwards handed away three days later and his demise became a matter of public discourse for Australia's ongoing nationwide debate concerning the legality and practicality of creating drug testing authorized at music festivals.
The story of this younger man's passing took a dramatic flip yesterday after reported that these treating Callum Edwards in hospital discovered tiger snake venom in his system. In addition to this, it nonetheless stays unclear if any medicine had been in Callum's system in any respect.
Tiger snakes are a extremely venomous snake species discovered within the southern areas of Australia. On common, there may be a minimum of one demise a 12 months from a tiger snake and the mortality charge from untreated bites is reported to be someplace between 40 and 60 per cent.
“We undoubtedly know there was a reptile concerned,” Callum's mom Lynette instructed The Herald.
The set of circumstances resulting in Callum's collapse on the pageant will not be but totally understood. His brother Liam Edwards, who has been vocal in discrediting claims that Callum's demise was on account of a drug overdose, was planning to fulfill him at Beyond The Valley however arrived too late and realized that Callum had already been flown to the hospital.
Police have mentioned that "the circumstances surrounding his demise are but to be decided, nevertheless, it's not being handled as suspicious.”
Cameron is Mixmag's Jr. Editor. Follow him on Twitter here
[Photo: Rob Valentic - Gondwana Reptile Productions]